- We use double cream from Totally Welsh, which supplies us with cream from cows in south west Wales, bottled in Haverfordwest and delivered to us here in Cardiff.
- We use only real ingredients – such as whole raspberries – we don’t use any artificial flavours or colours
- Our ice creams really do taste like the flavour they’re said to be. Our Parma Violet ice cream tastes of parma violet sweets because we make it using the sweets! Our Lemon Meringue ice cream contains both real lemon and generous chunks of meringue…
We are working towards being a zero waste business.
Absolutely everything we give to our customers is 100% compostable
- Most of our ice cream is sold in waffle cones, which are both edible and biodegradable
- For those customers who prefer a cup, we use compostable palm leaf cups. To make them, fallen palm leaves are collected, soaked in spring water, heat pressed into shape and then dried.
- Our spoons are made from sustainably grown wood
- Our napkins are made from 100% recycled material
- Our sharing tubs are plastic free and commercially compostable. However, in Cardiff there are no facilities for commercial composting so these should be disposed of in your black bin. We hope this will change in future!
At the production end of our business, we reduce waste by
- Making our ice cream for scooping in reusable stainless steel pans, not plastic tubs
- Opting to purchase ingredients that come loose or in recyclable packaging wherever possible
- Recycling as much packaging as possible
- Composting suitable waste, such as fruit peel and mint stems, on site.
We’ve been awarded the Surfers Against Sewage Plastic Free Champion Award
- At events, we serve from a cargo bike – powered entirely by human legs! For local events – such as Riverside Market – we pedal it to the event.
- The freezer is powered by a rechargeable 12V battery, which means our bike has zero emissions, unlike ice cream vans which need to run the engine constantly to keep the freezers working
- For home deliveries, where we have to use a vehicle, we plan our route to ensure the most efficient journey possible to minimise emissions