What’s included with event hire?
– Handmade dairy and vegan ice cream in six memorable flavours of your choice, with unlimited servings
– Waffle cones, sustainable palm leaf bowls, wooden spoons and napkins made from recycled materials
– Personalised menu board, with your choice of message (e.g. “Congratulations to the new Mr & Mrs Jones” or “Llongyfarchiadau Chris & Sam”). Bilingual signage is available on request.
– Fully trained, smartly dressed staff
– Set up and service for the agreed duration of the event (for all but the largest weddings and private parties, we find that two hours of serving time is sufficient)
– Use of the vintage ice cream van as a photo prop during serving time, if desired
– Optional ice cream tasting session at any of our public events throughout the year; please let us know you’re coming in advance so that we can ensure we have all our samples with us; we recommend that you do a tasting session as soon as possible after booking.
What events can you cater for?
We attend almost anything – birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, corporate events, promotional events and more.
How much do you charge?
Our fees can vary according to season, day of the week and other factors. Unlike some companies, we do not charge extra just because your party is a wedding! As a starting point, for 2023 events, our minimum charges are as follows
– Weekdays: up to 60 guests: £350
– Weekends and Bank Holidays: up to 80 guests: £425
For those with larger guest lists, the fee will rise overall but be cheaper per head.
How far do you travel?
As a rule of thumb, we’ll travel about one hour from our base in central Cardiff. This includes Bristol, Newport, Swansea, Merthyr, Abergavenny, Crickhowell, Bridgend and most of the Valleys.
What’s your mileage fee?
For the vintage ice cream van, we charge £1/mile each way, from our base in central Cardiff. Classic cars are expensive to run (premium E5 fuel, special fuel additives, added maintenance, specialist insurance…) so this is a fair representation of our costs.
Can I taste test the ice cream before choosing flavours?
Yes! In most cases, the easiest way to do this is to come to one of our public events. It’s best to let us know in advance that you’ll be coming, so we can have any flavours on board that you are particularly keen to try. Typically, Riverside Market is one of the quieter public events we do on a regular basis, which means we can focus more easily on you.
Can you design a bespoke flavour for my event?
Yes! Please drop us a message to discuss your individual requirements and costs involved.
How big is the vintage ice cream van / traditional ice cream tricycle.
Our vintage ice cream van is about 2.65m tall, 2.2m wide and 4.2m long.
Can you serve ice cream indoors?
Yes – if we can fit! Please note the dimensions mentioned above, in particular the height of the van. One of the few venues locally where we can fit indoors is Depot. Unlike most ice cream vans, ours doesn’t need to keep the engine running to keep the freezer cold – we just need to plug her in to the electricity – so she can work indoors or out. If you’re worried about inclement weather, usually the best solution is to have a backup plan where we park very close to the entrance, or alongside a marquee.
Do you need access to an electricity or water supply?
For the vintage ice cream van, for most private events (two hours serving time) we don’t need access to electricity. However, for full day events, heatwaves and those a significant distance from Cardiff, we will need access to a regular 13A electricity supply to ensure our freezers remain cold. Our van is self sufficient for handwashing water.
Can you cater for special dietary requirements?
Yes. All of our flavours are vegetarian. We can also cater to for those who are intolerant to gluten or following vegan or halal diets, ranging from one menu choice to the entire menu.
For weddings and private events can often tweak flavours to avoid allergens – for instance, making our coconut, caramel & biscoff vegan ice cream with a gluten free biscoff, or making our milk chocolate ice cream without hazelnut paste. GF cones can be supplied on request.
However, due to the nature of our business, and the risk of cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee the absence of allergens in any of our products. If you have guests with a severe allergy, and we are made aware in advance, we are happy to supply a pre-packaged single serve ice cream from an alternative supplier that does not list the relevant allergen as a ‘may contain’.
What about insurance and paperwork?
We are fully insured with £5m cover each for public liability and product liability insurance, plus £10m employers’ liability insurance. All our staff hold current Food Hygiene Level 2 or 3 qualifications, We are members of the Nationwide Caterers Association (NCASS). We achieved a 5* food hygiene rating at our most recent inspection in August 2023.
What are your terms and conditions?
Our terms and conditions can be found at www.daisyandbelle.co.uk/terms-and-conditions