Our standard wedding package is as follows
– Handmade ice cream in six memorable flavours of your choice, with unlimited servings. Bespoke flavours are sometimes available – please ask.
– Waffle cones, sustainable palm leaf bowls, wooden spoons and napkins made from recycled materials
– Fully trained, smartly dressed staff
– Personalised signage, with your choice of wording (e.g. “Congratulations to the new Mr & Mrs Jones” or “Llongyfarchiadau Sam & Chris”) followed by your choice of ice cream flavours
– Set up and service for the agreed duration of the event (for all but the largest weddings and private parties, we find that two hours of serving time is sufficient)
– Use of the vintage ice cream van as a photo prop during serving time, if desired
– Ice cream tasting session at Riverside Market or any of our other public events throughout the year; please let us know you’re coming in advance so that we can ensure we have all our samples with us
Where can you fit into our day?
At one of two points
– straight after the ceremony, as an alternative to canapes
– as an alternative dessert
The only time we don’t recommend you booking us is after people have started drinking in earnest; we find they prefer savoury food after a certain point.
How much do you charge?
Our fees can vary according to season, day of the week and other factors. Unlike some companies, we do not charge extra just because your party is a wedding!
As a starting point, for 2023 dates, our minimum fees are
– Weekdays: up to 60 guests: £350
– Weekends: up to 80 guests: £425
For those with larger guest lists, the fee will rise overall but be cheaper per head.
What’s your mileage fee?
For the vintage ice cream van, we charge £1/mile each way, from our base in central Cardiff. Classic cars are expensive to run (premium E5 fuel, special fuel additives, added maintenance, specialist insurance…) so this is a fair representation of our costs. As a rule of thumb we’ll travel up to an hour from Cardiff, which includes Bristol, Newport, Swansea, Merthyr, Abergavenny, Bridgend and most of the Valleys.
Do you attend wedding fayres?
Occasionally we do – listings of upcoming fayres and other events can be found here.
However, we’re always happy to chat weddings at any event – but we do appreciate it if you pick a quieter moment for a longer conversation! If you let us know you’re coming in advance we can bring a full range of samples with us, and advise you on when the quietest times are likely to be.
Please consult our more general event hire FAQs for further information.